The winter season brings the cool climate where everyone loves to enjoy. But, for some people this winter becomes uncomfortable. It tends to dehydrate the skin and make it worse with cracks. Your dry skin needs deep nourishment and something that retain the moisture content in the skin. Here, one should not use the same skin care products for both summer and winter.
Don’t go with the chemical products, make your own face mask at home with the available natural ingredients in your kitchen. Therefore it will be a safe and economical option to defend your skin. Here are few natural face packs that you should surely try for a bright look in the crisp winter.
BANANA FACE PACK
- Banana – 1
- Milk – 1 tablespoon
- Take one whole banana and peel off its skin.
- Mash the banana in a bowl to a thick consistency.
- Now, add 1 tablespoon of milk to the banana paste.
- Stir the banana and milk well.
- Apply it on your face and neck.
- Let it dry for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the use of this pack once in a week.
Banana is very much useful to the skin in many ways. It contains potassium which hydrates and moisturizes the dehydrated skin. Vitamin A repairs the dryness. Hence, banana is the best ingredient for the skin to protect it from winter.
CUCUMBER FACE PACK
- Cucumber – 1/2
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Take a fresh cucumber and peel off its skin.
- Blend the cucumber into a paste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to the paste.
- Now, gently apply it on to the face and neck.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- You can repeat it twice a week.
Cucumber gives hydrating and cooling effect to the skin. Hence, the skin will be smooth and flexible. It also reduces the itching sensation which is caused due to the dry skin. Sugar provides a glowing skin.
ALOE VERA FACE PACK
- Aloe vera leaf – 1
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Gently extract the gel from the fresh aloe vera leaf.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to the gel.
- Stir both the ingredients well.
- Gently apply it on the face.
- Let it dry for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this face pack twice a week.
Aloe vera hydrates the skin and gives younger look. Along with moisturization it also keeps skin glowing and radiant.
Basic preventive steps to follow in winter
Extreme weather condition either hot or cold, it will hurt your skin. There are few tips that you can follow to avoid dry and dead looking skin.
This is the first step you should follow to care for your skin. Cleanse your face 2-3 times a day with any product you use. This cleansing process prevents excessive dryness.
Gently scrub your face weekly once with natural ingredients available at your home.
Tone your skin with a mild toner that suits your skin other than chemicals. This process will eliminate the dirt from your face. Toning not only tighten your skin it also adjusts the skin for the moisturizer you are going to apply.
Just mix the olive oil with regular cold cream or lotion and apply it to your skin and gently massage it. This moisturizing process is essential for dry skin.
Use some natural ingredients and prepare face pack which can help to keep your facial skin soft and supple.
Drink plenty of water
Drinking plenty of water will keep your skin hydrated in the winter. It also keeps your skin glowing.
Shield your skin
Always use sunscreen because the sun may be hidden in the clouds but it still passes the UV rays to hurt your skin.